Weddings

Live classical guitar music will add something special to any part of your wedding day - from the perfect romantic piece to accompany you down the aisle, to background music during the meal, creating a relaxed and elegant atmosphere for you and your guests.


Music

Please see my SoundCloud or YouTube pages for examples of my playing and see below for examples from my repertoire.






Practicalities

I can set up almost anywhere and provide gentle amplification to enable the music to be heard without becoming intrusive.

Repertoire

I regularly perform a wide range of repertoire encompassing over 500 years of music, from early renaissance to modern popular pieces and everything in between. Here are some examples - if there is a particular song you would like it is usually possible to add to the list! Just drop me a line so we can discuss the details.

Romantic

Lagrima - Francisco Tarrega
Cavatina (The Deer Hunter) - Stanley Myers
Recuerdos de la Alhambra - Francisco Tarrega

Renaissance/Classical

Prelude (Cello Suite No. 1) - J.S. Bach
Canon in D - Pachelbel
Tarleton's Ressurection - John Dowland

Popular/Jazz
What a Wonderful World - Louis Armstrong
Fields of Gold - Sting / Eva Cassidy
Here Comes The Sun - The Beatles

Fees

As a guide, for a wedding that requires a performance of up to two hours a fee of £300 - £500 is typical. For a shorter performance, during just the ceremony for example, a lower fee can be arranged. This includes my formal attire, a professional concert classical guitar, high quality microphone and PA system, public liability insurance plus up to 1.5hrs travel time each way. Please get in touch with details of your event and I will provide a detailed written quote and answer any questions you may have.

Once we have agreed the details of your event I will formalise these in a written contract which we will both sign - this ensures that everyone has the same understanding and that there are no surprises on the day! Once this is returned with a 25% deposit your booking is complete. The remaining 75% of the fee is due on the day of the performance.

Other Events

I can also provide entertainment for corporate events, private parties, restaurants & hotel bookings and funerals. Please contact me with details of your event, I would be glad to help.

Book Luke Scurr on Encore Musicians